Are you thinking about getting your nails done, but you really don’t know yet?
You are in the right place then!
I had my nails first done, when I was 15 (6 years). I trust only one person to make them, and they are gel.
My ideal shape is round and I tend to choose more girly and pastel variations.
My Alice in wonderland inspired ones:
- They are beautiful. They look perfect and you can design them yourself. It’s a great way to express your style.
- Radically less breaking. If your nails break all the time, this will stop. Your nails won’t break unless grown out too long.
- People (oh and pets) LOVE when you scratch them.
- Your nails last (around) a month without any maintenance. Which is great if you are lazy as me.
- Your cuticles will thank you. If you have dry, painful cuticles and nothing help, then this will.
- It hurts sometimes. Curing can be torture, especially around the time of your period.
- Your own nails are weak afterwards. Your nails will grow back stronger, but until then, they will break like crazy.
- They take a long time to make. File, shape, cure, file, color, cure, file, enjoy! Perfection takes time. A few hours of time, to be honest.
Have you ever had gel nails? Do you like them? Let me know about your experiences, I’m curious!